Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Angry Man




This story was the result of a writing prompt I pulled from a prompt book. I hope you enjoy.


The Angry Man


It was the first time I killed a man, but I held no reservations. I executed my plan to perfection, like a seasoned veteran. Of course, so much planning had gone into it that at this point I actually did feel like a veteran. Months of scheming and plotting, and now here I was, standing over his cold lifeless body like a lion claiming his prize. I knew from the start that I would have to do it with intelligence. I couldn’t just barge in and go all Rambo on his ass. So I dressed up to look the part, so nobody could see my face. I wore gloves to prevent fingerprints. I even looked into what kind of shoes he wore and got the same ones. This way, if they decide to search for footprints, nothing alarming will show up. My research taught me that he always showers when he gets home from the bar. Bingo. I found the spare key where I knew it would be, and entered slowly, making sure not to bump anything. The quietness of the house with the sounds of a shower in the distance was invigorating, pumping adrenaline through my veins. Pictures on the wall showed his wife, 2 kids, and dog who had recently been hit by a speeding car, dead. Funny how foreshadowing will just present itself. He had a beautiful family, so what was driving him to ruin mine? To sleep with my wife? Why was he so unhappy with what he had here? Either way, onward I went. I couldn’t let pointless thoughts distract me, not when I was this close. Their house was built wonderfully, nothing creaked or moaned as I floated through, as silent as a dense, drifting fog. His wife took the kids out for dinner, I watched them leave before I parked the truck around the block. It was just me, him, and a shower. He basically set it all up for me to make it look like an accident. I left as quickly as I came, and headed straight home, where it would be the first time I killed a woman.


_______________________________________________



See the Archive on the right sidebar for more stories!

2 comments:

  1. Baby brother, you have always been a man of many beautifully put words <3 This ^^ is awesome!! Keep it up paleeease!
    ~Your Sissy Diamond

    ReplyDelete